Free dementia information session at Iluka
Social Futures will hold a free information session which covers an introduction to dementia and explains the causes of dementia, the importance of diagnosis and early planning. The session will also explore changes in communication that occur for a person with dementia and helpful suggestions for family carers on Thursday of this week (April 19), at Iluka Community Hall, from 9.15am – 2.30pm; and again on May 29 in Murwillumbah, at a venue to be decided.
The free workshops are run in collaboration with Dementia Australia and the Dementia Outreach Service of NSW. They’re for people caring for a family member with dementia.
The details for the workshop in Iluka are:
Free Information Session for Family Carers of a Person Living with Dementia
Thursday 19 April 2018 from 9.15am – 2.30pm
Iluka Community Hall, 54 Spenser St, Iluka.
Facilitator: Judy Bartholomew of Dementia Australia
This free workshop is for family carers to help them understand dementia, communicate effectively and plan for the future.
Register at http://socialfutures.org.au/event/free-information-session-for-carers-of-a-person-living-with-dementia-iluka/ or phone 0439 137 207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments from participants of previous workshops over the last few months include:
- “I have done a few dementia workshops over the years. I guarantee you this was the best”;
- “The information will help me in communication using prompts and cues / body language & tone of voice”;
- “This day was an eye opener, that my feelings are normal and I need to realise this.”;
- “Really helpful to get assistance in the future and find out how to access them”;
- “Absolutely fantastic information and delivery.”